Workhouse Arts Center is pleased to invite graduate-level artists to submit project proposals for an exhibition in the gallery, Art Lab.
Exhibition proposals should reflect an expansion of the artist’s practice and can include work that will be created for the exhibition or work that is already complete.
Proposals will be accepted from artists working in any media. Artists may apply as an individual or with a collaborative group presenting a singular idea. All artists must be currently enrolled in an MFA program at the time of application to qualify for an exhibition in Art Lab. The artists will have access to tools and hardware; however, Workhouse Arts Center does not provide financial support for shipping. installation, travel, honorarium, or extensive labor support for Art Lab exhibitions. The Exhibitions Director will provide support to the selected artists to assist with installation logistics, editing of exhibition texts and standard promotion.
Each exhibition will be on view for an 8 to 12 week period. Exhibition receptions will be held on the Second Saturday of the month from 6:00 – 8:00 pm for each exhibition.
EXHIBITION PROPOSAL GUIDELINES
1. Project Description: In one page or less, clearly describe your exhibition concept and all elements involved.
2. Checklist: Please provide information about each artwork considered for inclusion in the exhibition, including: artist, title, date, medium, dimensions, installation components. It is expected that all participating artists and/or groups have been contacted and expressed interest in participating.
3. Images: Please include 5 images of works included or representative of what will be included. For time-based work, please include video samples or links.
4. Installation plan: Describe how the exhibition would be installed in the Workhouse Arts Center Art Lab. Clearly list all spatial needs, technical and equipment requirements, specific installation considerations, and an outline of shipping logistics.
5. Programming: Describe any additional programming (performances, talks, etc.) that you are interested in including with your exhibition.
6. Exhibiting artist information: Provide bios and/or statements for all exhibiting artists and/or curators.
GALLERY MEASUREMENTS / SPECIFICATIONS
22 ft (length) x 8 ft (width)
Drywall with Studs
Wall height approximately 8 ft.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com. Applications must be received at least three weeks prior to the desired
date of exhibition.
Thank you in advance for your interest in exhibiting at Workhouse Arts Center!
We use Submittable to accept and review our submissions.